Your Google Business Listing is a simple, yet important piece of your overall marketing puzzle. It’s an easy and effective way for potential customers to find you whether they’re looking on Search, Maps or Google +. Managing your business on these sites needs to be part of your ongoing SEO strategy. The “set it and forget it” mentality could leave you with outdated information, negative reviews that are unanswered, and other issues.
Check out the top 5 things we see commonly see wrong with Google Business Listings:
- Account verified by someone other than the business owner
- Multiple business listings exist (sometimes there are two because your business moved addresses)
- Incorrect information, such as address, phone number, email address, website and/or store hours.
- Incorrect logo displayed.
- You don’t have a listing at all because you just started your business. Be sure to sign up—it’s free! (Note: If you were signed up and verified through Google Places or Google + Pages, you should automatically be moved over to Google My Business.
While it’s important to make sure that your information is accurate, it’s also a smart idea to optimize your business information by adding photos, hours of operation, contact information, your URL, and other information to make your listing more robust (allowing it to stand out from the crowd). You can even create deals, respond to reviews and more.
Have you looked at your Google Business Listing lately? Are you maximizing your listing and making it work as hard as it can for you?
Let us help you manage your Google Business listing so we can make sure your information is up to date. Contact us today!