Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to keep in touch with customers and help build brand awareness. Best of all it doesn’t cost you much!
If you haven’t started emailing your customers, clients, followers or business contacts, it’s not too late to start. You have so many email addresses that are inked on paper that can be used to communicate with them directly with little effort while getting positive business results. If you’re completely lost on where to start with email marketing, here’s a list of 5 simple steps to get you started.
- Collect emails and add them to an Online Email Marketing program. We suggest MailChimp.
- Determine an email marketing schedule and calendar. Your newsletter can be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Create a list of topics for each email well in advance — this will help you stick to your schedule. Your content topics should be engaging and informative. Give your readers a reason to look forward to your next email.
- Create your first email using a custom design template created by Drio that portrays the look and feel of your business.
- Your email is almost ready … just one last step before you press send: Proofread, proofread and proofread one more time before you hit SEND. Remember that the easiest way to reach your customer base is through their inbox.
- Last but not least, remember to track your results Study the user’s activity. See who opened, clicked on any links and who forwarded your email. Track which emails performed better than others and try to build on past successes.
Looking for more direction? Drio can help you. We have an email marketing package that includes an email template custom built for your business along with an editorial calendar. This will help you get started emailing your clients.
Email us today and let’s discuss how email marketing can help grow your business!